I like to play the game of collecting names, attaching some information about the person to the name, and then trying to remember the name. It’s part of my work, but it’s an exercise in using my mind, as well as an exercise in reaching out to others. Our names are important to us, and by sharing our names we put value on people. It is definitely a work in progress. I’ll let you know how it goes.
8 Reasons I Want Your Name
1. When I know your name, my mind creates a file to put all of the interesting information I learn about you.
2. When I know your name, I acknowledge that you are an individual, a special person to the Lord.
3. Knowing your name brings us a step closer to friendship.
4. If I know your name, I can use it, and that puts value on you.
5. Your name is important to you.
6. If I feel like praying for you, I have a name to use.
7. It’s fun to see if you look like your name.
8. It might give us something to talk about.
So friend, what is your name? Do you like your given name? Do you have a nickname? I am guessing many of you know what your name means, and that means something to you. Feel free to share. You can just call me “Princess.”