It has been suggested that 20 focused minutes a day can provide a “full happiness boost” every day. Can exercise really affect your level of happiness? What an exciting concept! In daring to be happy, I have not tested this premise before, but now is the time. Let us wait no more! These 10 Fun Facts about exercise can give us some very good reasons and helpful information for getting started right now!
10 Fun Facts About Exercise
- You will stay with your exercising longer if you are listening to music or are otherwise distracted.
- Exercise is more effective at increasing your energy levels than caffeine.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Regular exercise can enhance mood and overall well-being.
- The top three factors that determine whether or not you will stick to your exercise routine include having support, finding a workout that you like and knowing what you’re doing.
- There is no “best time to exercise.” It turns out that the best time to exercise is when it works for you.
- Visualization can help to improve your workout. Visualizing yourself completing the exercise before you actually perform it, will enable you
to perform the exercise with more intensity and effectiveness.
- Exercise increases energy levels and increases serotonin in the brain, which leads to improved mental clarity.
- Exercising for 30 minutes in the morning can change your whole day. Endorphins are released into your bloodstream during exercise so you feel much more energized the rest of the day.
- If all 600 muscles in your body pulled in the same direction, you could lift 25 tons.
1. I will have increased energy. Sounds like the more I exercise, the more I will exercise. That’s encouraging.
2. I will burn more calories than sleeping.That’s encouraging!
3. My mood will be enhanced. Wooohoooo! It’s working already!
4. My mind will be clearer. That will be a big plus!
5. If I can figure out how to get all 600 of my muscles moving in the same direction, I will be able to lift 25 tons! Now who wouldn’t want to give that a try?
Let’s hear it, what’s the status of exercise in your life, 0 to 10. What do you do? What works for you? Have you noticed any correlation between happiness and exercise? All of your comments will be valuable in getting this girl moving!