I could not be prouder of my children Rocky, Nick, his wonderful wife, Taylor, and Jay, They all love and serve God, and demonstrate His love in so many ways. Each has unique gifts, talents and personalities. God has given them purposes and plans, some that have not even been revealed to them yet. It is an exhilarating experience to watch them grow and flourish under His loving care.
The reason I want my children to do these 5 things in 2014 is because I believe these are the five most important lessons God has taught me in my life. None of these ideas will be new to them, in fact, they probably already do these anyway; that is why they are already so awesome and successful. I wanted to put this list together as a gift this particular time of year as we celebrate the birth of Christ, our love for each other, and our expectations for the New Year. I believe doing these 5 things every day will increase faith and will bring increased success, joy, and a closer relationship to God. God, and all of the forces of heaven will respond to their faith and cause them to prosper in 2014 like never before. This is what I want for my favorite people in the world, Larry, Rocky, Nick, Taylor, Jay and Emmerson.
Here are the 5 Things:
1. No matter how difficult it may be, think about what you want, not about what you don’t want.
“Prosperity, wisdom, favor, abundance, plenty, joy, peace, love, health, friendships, soundness of mind, a closer relationship to God.”
2. Meditate a verse of scripture every day.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
3. Don’t let your thoughts take a negative pathway.
We create our lives by our thoughts. We want to get our thoughts in line with the will of God. “Thoughts, get back in line with the will of God.” “Lord, flood my mind with your thoughts.” You might have to say this often throughout the day, until a new pattern is formed.
4. Tell yourself how much God loves you and what a great day it’s going to be every day.
“God loves me. It is going to be a great day today!”
5. Take a word or phrase that you want more of in your life and embrace it by saying it over and over until it creates a pathway in your brain. This produces faith, and this is what God responds to. As you do this, you will get pictures in your mind of what this means to you. You may have conversations with God about what it means to Him, and He will give you greater revelation on His plan for your life. He will direct your path. He wants to know what direction you want your life to take. He will entwine your will and His will until His Perfect Will is produced in your life.
“Abundance, abundance, abundance.” “Health, health, health.” “Prosperity, prosperity, prosperity.” “Favor, favor, favor.” “Wisdom, wisdom, wisdom.” “Joy, joy, joy.” “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.”
I want these things, not only for my children, but for Larry, myself, and you to experience all God has for us every day. I know that He responds to our faith, and I know that faith is built by embracing the Word of God in our lives. The Word of God is scripture, but it is also a word that is representative of His Will in our lives like some of the words listed above. He will reveal those words to you, then you and I and our children can all prosper and be in health even as our soul prospers in 2014 like never before. Let’s do it!
Today’s Verse: Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. 3 John 1:2